Sammy Hagar net worth is
People also search for
Sammy Hagar Net Worth, Biography & Wiki 2017
Sammy Hagar was born on October 13, 1947 in Salinas, California. He was interested in music from his youth, but most likely he wasn’t planning to become one of the richest people in the world and make huge capital as a businessman in the USA. Mostly people know Samuel Roy “Sammy” Hagar as a former second lead singer in the famous hard rock and heavy metal band “Van Halen” formed in California in 1972. Today Sammy Hagar is working as a singer, musician, guitarist, songwriter, lyricist, composer and even businessperson. He is known as one of the richer celebrities of our time, with capital of $120 million accumulated through his musician career and restaurant business.
Sammy Hagar Net Worth $120 Million
Sammy was interested in the southern California music scene, so his first attempts to become a singer were in the band called Fabulous Castilles, but the future famous rock star started his serious musical career in 1973, playing with the band called “Montrose”. After that, he was seen in many musical events in the USA, but still his most striking appearance was with the rock band “Van Halen”.
Sammy Hagar wasn’t an original member of “Van Halen” and joined the band later, in 1985 ,after David Lee Roth was fired and the other musicians needed a new singer and songwriter. As a new member he provided many innovations to the sound and that’s why he is considered as one of the most controversial band members of all time. Because of such a new singing technique and therefore huge influence, fans even started to call band “Van Hagar”., but then he received complaints because of changing music styles too much. Although this segment of his career gave Sammy ilustriouness, later he started to argue with the rest of the band and finally was fired.
However, Sammy wasn’t planning to leave music world, but besides his career as a musician, Sammy Hagar also started the new tequila brand Cabo Wabo and the chain of Cabo Wabo restaurants. Sammy decided to sell his Cabo Wabo tequila company and in 2009, 80% of the company brought him $80 million. Later in 2009 he sold the other 20%, and profited by another $15 million. So if we would look at his general capital we can make the conclusion that the band Van Halen gave Sammy an opportunity to be well-known in the world, but his main amount of money was made thanks to Cabo Wabo.
Nowadays Sammy Hagar lives in the United States of America with his second wife Kari (Karte) Hagar and two daughters. He also has two sons from a previous marriage with Betsy Berardi. He divorced from Betty in 1994 after 26 years of marriage. Now he continues his musical career by releasing his own solo albums and working with the band Chickenfoot. However, today many people still say that Sammy was much more talented as a successful businessman than as a musician. At least one thing is known for certain – a huge part of his capital was made thanks to his restaurant chain, while “Van Halen” just made him famous.